Perfect for lunch, maybe with some crusty bread & butter for dipping in.
Here's what you need (serves 4:
- 5 medium carrots (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock (can use vegetable stock if preferred)
- Salt & Pepper
Here's what to do:
1) Heat olive oil, add the chopped onion and saute for 1 - 2 minutes
2) Add minced ginger and all spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes
3) Add the carrots and stir. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes
4) Add 1.5l of stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat. Continue to simmer until the carrots are tender and cooked
5) Add your orange juice and turn off the heat
6) Once cooled blend it to make it smooth and season with sea salt and ground pepper
7) To serve the soup, heat it up and top it with fresh coriander, chilli or almond flakes, coconut cream or even crispy bacon (optional)
I hope you enjoy my spiced carrot & orange soup recipe.
This is one of around 100 recipes that my Perth Fitness Camp clients have access to when they join my 28 Day Fitter Body Kickstart Programme here >> https://www.perthfitnesscamp.com/28daykickstart
If you enjoyed this recipe then you may enjoy this Chicken & Potato hash recipe here
Don't forget to share this recipe with friends, family, work colleagues and anyone you feel may benefit.