"Oh but isn't this supposed to be a fitness and healthy eating blog...."
Who said that?
Ain't nobody got time for being a goodie two shoes all day every day
Anyone who knows anything about fat loss, weight loss, whatever you want to call it, you'll know that counting calories is about as reliable as the scottish weather
and that any food good or bad can help you pile on the pounds if you overeat enough of it.
Now let's get back to chit chatting about cake :)
Yes you can have your cake and eat it.
And i'm going to share my world famous flourless chocolate cake recipe.....
Okay, maybe it's not world famous but if you like it and share it with others it could be right?
Get your cooking utensils ready, we're going in...
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 10 oz dark chocolate (70% or higher), broken into pieces.
- 1 ½ sticks of real butter (ie: kerrygold).
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 5 free range eggs.
- 6 tablespoons of full fat double cream.
- 150g sugar.
- handful of blueberries
- strawberries halved or raspberries
Here’s what to do:
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick parchment paper or just rub some butter all around the pan.
- melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl (boil a pan of water and place bowl over the top), stirring until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- beat the eggs, cream and sugar for 3 – 4 minutes (the mixture will remain fairly runny), then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- pour the batter into the prepared pan/tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the top forms a crust. Allow the cake to cool and then run a knife around the edges to loosen it from the pan.
- Turn out the cake onto a serving plate and top with a mixture of strawberries and blueberries. Serve with a dollop of cream or a little ice cream.
Don't forget if you love this recipe, share it with friends, family, work colleagues and anyone you feel may love it.
Coach @ The Perth Fitness Camp
PS. If you're ready to be in a much better place both physically and mentally, all you need is a willing body and the desire to change.
I'll supply the rest on my UNSTOPPABLE 28 Day Challenge....
For further details and to join go here >> https://www.perthfitnesscamp.com/unstoppable-28-day-challenge
Not quite ready to commit to a coaching programme? No problem, why not just grab a free copy of my book 'Fat Loss Simplified' and discover how to lose weight and keep it off for good without all the fads, gimmicks and diet nonsense.
Pop your details below and i'll send it to you straight away.