FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
I'm going to get right to the point...
Someone said to me the other day how they couldn't eat cake because it wasn't allowed on their diet.
I kind of face planted my head at that point because of how brain washed this person had become thinking like that.
The easiest way I could explain this to her was in one sentence.
"It's not what you eat, its how much you eat on daily basis consistently and whether you burn it off or not"
That's pretty much how it works.
I'm not saying you need to count calories or anything like that, just be more aware of what you're putting in your mouth and ensure that you are active enough each day to burn it off.
Anyhoo, this got me thinking about cake (because I love food)
We make a flourless chocolate cake at home for our kids (and me) which they love, they also love helping to make it which is always a good thing.
So I thought i'd share the recipe for you.
Heres what you need:
- 10 oz dark chocolate (70% or higher), broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 sticks of decent butter (ie: kerrygold)
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 5 free range eggs
- 6 tablespoons of full fat double cream
- 150g sugar
- Handful of blueberries
- Strawberries halved
Heres what to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180. line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cake pan with non stick parchment paper or just rub some butter all around the pan.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl (boil a pan of water and place bowl over the top), stirring until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
3. Beat the eggs, cream and sugar for 3-4 minutes (the mixture will remain fairly runny), then fold into the chocolate mixture
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan/tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the top forms a crust. Allow the cake to cool and then run a knife around the edges to loosen it from the pan.
5. Turn out the cake onto a serving plate and top with a mixture of strawberries and blueberries (or raspberries). Serve with a dollop of cream or a little ice cream.
Voila, flourless chocolate cake.
Let me know what you think?
Coach @ The Perth Fitness Camp
ABOUT THE PERTH FITNESS CAMP
The Perth fitness camp is an INCLUSIVE community, a lifestyle, a movement for over 30's men & women who no matter what your size, no matter what level of fitness you are at and no matter how big you feel the entire community will keep you moving forwards toward a leaner, stronger healthier and fitter looking body.