THE TASTIEST PORRIDGE EVER
I get it, porridge isn't everyone's cup of tea
But I suppose it depends on how you make it and how creative you are.
Porridge on its own is bland and looks boring
But what about if we sexy it up a bit?
I'm going to give you the ingredients to my super tasty meal in a bowl
I call it a meal in a bowl because it will keep you full for hours
Heres what you need:
- gluten free oats (normal are ok, I find GF creamier)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp milled chia seeds
- Whole milk
- Full fat thick or double cream
- Chopped banana
- Strawberries halved
Heres what you need to do (I don't really measure what i'm putting in the pan so just go with it)
- pour your oats in a pan
- pour whole milk over the oats until they are covered
- add your chia and flax
- add 1 dollop of full fat cream or a quick glug of double cream and stir
- heat to the boil and then lower heat back down
- keep stirring until porridge is a nice consistency, don't let it over boil and go like wall paper paste, you're looking for a thick but still loose consistency
- pour into a bowl, add your chopped banana, berries and a pinch of cinnamon (you can also add crushed walnuts or pecans). You are good to go
Not a bad way to pimp up a porridge
Let me know what you think....
Coach @ The Perth Fitness Camp
ABOUT THE PERTH FITNESS CAMP
The Perth fitness camp is an INCLUSIVE community, a lifestyle, a movement for over 30's men & women who no matter what your size, no matter what level of fitness you are at and no matter how big you feel the entire community will keep you moving forwards toward a leaner, stronger healthier and fitter looking body.